The different types of cargo transportation
There are a variety of different types of cargo transportation that you can use to get your packages from point A to point B. Each type has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the right option for your needs.
Here are the three most common types of cargo transportation:
- Air freight: This is the most common type of air cargo transportation, and it uses planes to fly packages from one location to another. Air freight is usually cheaper than air couriers, but it can take longer to get your package to its destination.
- Air courier: Air couriers use special trucks and aircraft to quickly deliver packages from one location to another. They’re usually faster than air freight, but they can be more expensive than other options.
- Ground transport: Sometimes called “sea transport or trucking” ground transport uses trucks or trains to move packages between locations on land. It’s slower than the other two options, but it’s typically cheaper than air courier or air freight delivery services.
Benefits of air freight
Air freight is an efficient and reliable way to transport goods. It has many benefits, including:
- Air freight is fast and affordable, making it a good choice for items that need to be delivered quickly.
- Air freight is reliable, providing a consistent flow of cargo throughout the shipping process.
- Air freight is environmentally friendly, reducing both the environmental impact and the amount of fuel required to transport goods.
- Speed: Air freight is often a much faster method of shipping, making it ideal for urgent or time-sensitive shipments.
- Flexibility: Air freight allows for greater flexibility in terms of the shipment’s delivery schedule, as well as the number and size of the packages being shipped.
- Cost: Air freight services are often less expensive than other delivery methods, making them a viable option for larger orders.
- Security: Air freight shipments are generally a more secure method, ensuring that your items arrive safe and sound.
- Privacy: Air freight shipments generally keep the contents of the packages confidential, ensuring that your personal information remains private.
Benefits of air courier
There are many benefits to using an air courier for your cargo needs. These benefits include fast and reliable delivery, the ability to track your shipment constantly, and the ability to handle large and delicate items with care. Air courier is a great option for businesses that need quick and reliable delivery of their cargo, and it is also a great choice for products that need to be handled with special care. With air courier, you can be sure that your goods will arrive quickly and in the condition, they were intended to be in. Below are some other benefits of using air courier services:
- Speed: Air couriers can move large and bulky items quickly, often reaching destinations within an hour.
- Security: With the use of tracking and security measures, an air courier is a reliable means of transporting valuable items.
- Cost: Air courier is generally a more expensive shipping method, but this can be offset by the speed and flexibility of air freight delivery.
- Convenience: Air courier services offer a convenient alternative to traditional delivery methods.
Benefits of ground cargo transportation
Ground cargo transportation benefits include speed, efficiency, and reliability. Air cargo transportation can be faster but comes with added costs, such as higher fuel prices. Air cargo is also less reliable than ground transport when it comes to weather conditions and road conditions.
- Increased efficiency: Transportation of goods by ground cargo is more efficient than by air because it uses less fuel and reduces the amount of time and distance that the goods have to travel compared to flights as they have to go via their hub which may increase the transit time.
- Reduced environmental impact: Ground cargo transportation has a smaller environmental impact than air cargo transportation because it does not rely on planes or helicopters to move the goods.
- Greater flexibility: Ground cargo transportation is more flexible than air cargo transportation because it can be used for small or large packages and can be delivered to any destination.
- Greater security: Ground cargo transportation is more secure than air cargo transportation because most of the time it is transported directly from point A to point B.
- Reduced shipping costs: Ground cargo shipping services are often less expensive. Lower cost of shipping due to lower fuel and operating costs
- Easier handling, since ground cargo, does not require the use of large ships or aircraft.
I am an air cargo professional with over 35 years of experience in the air cargo industry. My major experience lies in strategizing and leading cross-functional teams to bring about fundamental change and improvement in strategy, process, and profitability using my high-level IT skills. The following are the key areas where I can contribute:
• Sales Management and Business Development: Lead generation, lead nurturing, pipeline management, identifying potential business partners and prospects, generating and building strong relationships, account planning, contract negotiation, proposal writing, presentation skills, follow-up, closing new accounts, and maintaining existing partnerships.
• Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by listening to clients’ concerns, understanding their pain points, and then providing solutions to help them achieve their desired outcomes.
• Marketing: Develop and implement effective advertising, marketing, and promotional programs to generate interest in products/services to drive revenue growth.
• Training and Development: Designing coaching and educational strategies for internal and external customers.
• Technology: Having vast technical knowledge including computer skills, and experience using various desktop and online software as services, I can use these skills to improve the user experience and meet the needs of both employees and clients.
• Project management: Plan and manage projects from concept to completion, coordinate, deliver projects effectively, and develop opportunities that further establish organizational goals.
• Management: Work closely with the senior management team to develop and execute strategic plans and initiatives to ensure the success of the team and organization.
My experience has been working with the following airlines:
• Working directly with: British Airways, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa Cargo and FedEx
• Working as their Cargo General Sales Agent for a country, multi countries and at a worldwide representation level with Aeroflot Russian Airlines, Aerosovit Ukrainian Airlines, AeroUnion Cargo Airlines, Air Asia, Air Bridge Cargo, Air Cargo Germany, Air Jamaica Cargo, Air New Zealand, Air Serbia, Allied Air Cargo, Asiana Airlines, Avianca Cargo, Cargoitalia, Continental Airlines, Coyne Airways, Das Air Cargo, Etihad Airways, Finnair, Hainan Airlines, Jet Airways, Martinair, Norwegian Air, Olympic Airways, Philippine Airlines, Polar Air, Singapore Airlines, Skyservice Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Thai Airways, Thomas Cooks, Tunisair, United Airlines Cargo and Zoom Airlines.